Background / General Information
The Children's Advocates Roundtable,
established in 1990, is an affiliation of over 300 statewide
and regional children's policy organizations, representing
over twenty issue disciplines (e.g., child
abuse prevention, child care, education, poverty, housing,
juvenile justice). The Roundtable is convened
by the Children's Advocacy Institute, and is committed
to providing a setting where statewide and locally-based
children's advocates gather with advocates from other
children's issue disciplines to share resources, information,
and knowledge, and strategize on behalf of children;
an opportunity to educate each other about the variety
of issues and legislation that affect children and youth
— facilitating prioritization of issues and minimizing
infighting over limited state resources historically
budgeted for children's programs; an opportunity to
collaborate on joint projects that promote the interests
of children and families; and a setting to foster a
children's political movement, committed to ensuring
that every child in California is economically secure,
gets a good education, has access to health care, and
lives in a safe environment.
The full Children's Advocates Roundtable meets quarterly. The next full Roundtable is Thursday, May 21, 2015 at 1414 K Street, Suite 500, Sacramento CA 95814. Lunch will be provided for those who RSVP!
Each Roundtable consists of
- A detailed discussion of an emerging area of significance for children's advocates, coordinated and presented by a different Roundtable member organization each time. This is a great opportunity for Roundtable member organizations to inform and educate others about new issues of importance! If your organization is interested in coordinating such a detailed discussion for a future quarterly meeting, please contact Ed Howard at (916) 844-5646 or Melanie Delgado at (619) 260-4806.
- A discussion of timely matters important to all children's advocates, such as the budget, elections, or "inside the horseshoe" information.
- An opportunity for Roundtable members to briefly discuss their legislative and advocacy priorities, and seek support and assistance from other members.
Although other Roundtable members will be helping to select and present topics of significance for discussion, CAI will continue to provide the facility, food/beverages, promotion and general coordination for the quarterly meetings, as well as a call-in option for Roundtable members unable to attend in person.
For more information on the Roundtable, or to sign up for our email list, please contact CAI's Melanie Delgado at (619) 260-4806.
DETAILS ON THE NEXT ROUNDTABLE:
Date: May 21, 2015
Lunch will be provided for those who RSVP!
Agenda coming soon!
We look forward to hearing from these speakers and organizations and having an interesting discussion about important issues that impact California’s children. Lunch will be provided, so please RSVP if you plan to attend.
1414 K Street, Suite 500
Sacramento CA 95814.
Call In Information:
Call in number: (866) 422-9305
Participant Code #: 1972357656
For a map of parking lots in the downtown Sacramento
area, please click here.
Information on the Roundtable's Child Welfare Subcommittee:
- The Roundtable's Child Welfare Subcommittee meets monthly to discuss and strategize on issues concerning child abuse prevention, child protection, foster care, the dependency court process, etc.
- Subcommittee meetings are held on the 3rd Thursday of each month and unless otherwise noted are held at the California Endowment, 1414 K Street, Suite 500, Sacramento, CA 95814.
- When Subcommittee meeting dates coincide with the full Roundtable meeting dates (quarterly), the Subcommittee meetings are held from 11:00 am - 12:00 pm. On all other 3rd Thursdays of the month, the Subcommittee meetings are held from 1:00-3:00 pm.
- For more information about the Roundtable's Child Welfare Subcommittee, please contact Susanna Kniffen at Children Now.
Return to top
Agendas and Meeting Materials
Archived Meeting Materials
Return to top